Moving within the municipality of Groningen
If you move within the municipality of Groningen, you need to change your address within 4 weeks before or within 5 days after the move.
Report your move
You can also send a change of address to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:
- Rental - or purchase agreement.
- If you don’t have a rental agreement: Permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
- Copy of a valid ID of the person who gives permission.
- Personal information.
- Moving date.
- Old and new address.
- Telephone number.
- Names of the people that are moving with you.
- Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.
Living with someone else
Are you going to live in someone else's house without a rental agreement? To register at that address, you need permission by the owner or one of the adult residents.
This permission is also required for:
- Living with your parents.
- Living with your partner at his/her rental address (even if you are married to your partner or have a registered partnership).
This is how you report living with someone else
You report the change of address online with the owner or one of the adult residents of the address. Keep both your DigiD’s to hand.
Report your move (DigiD) > (form is in Dutch)
What do you do if it is not possible to report the change of address together?
You only report the change of address online and add the following as an attachment:
- The permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
- A photo or a copy of the valid ID of passport of the person giving permission.
After the relocation date, you will receive a confirmation at your new home address within 2 weeks.
Call +31 50 367 7000