Will you be abroad for more than 8 months in total during the next 12 months? Then notify the municipality of your move. This also applies if you return to your home country (deregister).
- The day on which we receive your online notification, will be registered as your departure date. So notify us of your move on the day of departure.
- It is not possible to notify us of your move in advance online.
- If you are going to live in the Netherlands again within 8 months, you can request a postal address.
Then report your departure to the municipality as soon as possible. The day on which we receive your notification is the departure date. It is not possible to backdate your move.
- Report your move (DigiD) >
Form is in Dutch
Then use this moving form.
You can also report the move by mail instead of online. This is possible at the earliest 4 weeks in advance and at the latest on the day of your departure.
Send a letter to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:
- Personal information
- Moving date
- Old and new address
- Telephone number
- Names of the people who are moving with you.
- Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.
You can only report a move abroad for yourself and family members who are living at the same address.
If a family member continues to live at your address, you cannot report your departure online. In that case you must come in person with all family members who depart from your address. This also applies to minors. You can report the emigration in person at one of our locations: Kreupelstraat, Haren, Hoogkerk or Lewenborg.
Schedule an appointment within 5 working days before your departure.
- Make an appointment >
Form is in Dutch
Call +31 50 367 7000