What you need to know
- The day on which we receive your online notification, will be registered as your departure date. So notify us of your move on the day of departure.
- It is not possible to notify us of your move in advance online.
- If you are going to live in the Netherlands again within 8 months, you can request a postal address.
Then report your departure to the municipality as soon as possible. The day on which we receive your notification is the departure date. It is not possible to backdate your move.
Report your move
Then use this moving form.
Will a family member continue to live at the old address?
If a family member continues to live at your address, you cannot report your departure online. In that case you must come in person with all family members who depart from your address. This also applies to minors.
Schedule an appointment within 5 working days before your departure.
Are you moving abroad with your entire family?
You can only report a move abroad for yourself and family members who are living at the same address.
Report your move by mail
You can also report the move by mail instead of online. This is possible at the earliest 4 weeks in advance and at the latest on the day of your departure.
Send a letter to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:
- Personal information
- Moving date
- Old and new address
- Telephone number
- Names of the people who are moving with you.
- Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.