U bent hier

Submit a document for registration

If you would like to have a document registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP), then you need to make an appointment.

Types of documents

Which foreign documents can you have registered in the BRP?



You can consult the website netherlandsworldwide.nl to see if your document must be legalized. Fill in the relevant country at the bottom of the webpage.


  • Your document must be in the Dutch, English, German, or French language.
  • If it is not in one of these four languages, you must have it translated by a certified translator.


Bring with you

  • Valid passport or ID card.
  • Original documents (some documents must be translated and certified).

Make an appointment

You must make an appointment to submit documents for registration. The appointment will be at the Centrum helpdesk, Kreupelstraat 1.

If you also have to report an immigration, you can bring the documents with you during that appointment.