Proof of sponsorship and or private accommodation
You want to invite someone from abroad for a maximum stay of 3 months. If you want to sponsor this foreign national (guarantee) for cost of living in the Netherlands, medical care and repatriation of this person, you need a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation.
If you are married or have a registered partner, then your partner needs to co-sign the form at the desk. That means that you both have to visit our office.
- A valid ID
- The filled-out, but unsigned form (PDF 197 kB on ind.nl)
The form offers 2 options:
- Part 3a: Private accommodation: the visitor is going to stay at your house.
- Part 3b: Sponsorship: you are financially responsible for any possible costs that may arise from your visitor’s stay in the Netherlands.
Please tick one or both of these boxes.
What you should know
- The maximum stay of your visitor is 3 months.
- When someone from abroad is planning to visit you and that person needs to acquire a visa, then he/she needs a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation (invitation letter). You need to legalise your signature on the form in the presence of a municipal official.
- The sponsor/provider of accommodation (and, if applicable, the marriage partner or registered partner) must come in person to sign the form in the presence of a municipal official.
- If the accommodation provider is not the same person as the sponsor, then two separate forms must be filled out. The same terms apply.
- If your visitor is planning on staying longer than 3 months, then he/she might need to apply for an MVV at the Dutch embassy. An MVV is an authorisation for temporary stay in the Netherlands. An MVV is needed to apply for a Dutch residence permit. If you have any questions, please contact the national Immigration and Naturalisation Service IND: call 0900-1234561