You want to invite someone from abroad for a maximum stay of 3 months. If you want to sponsor this foreign national (guarantee) for cost of living in the Netherlands, medical care and repatriation of this person, you need a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation.
Note: If you are married or have a registered partner, then your partner needs to co-sign the form at the desk. That means that you both have to visit our office.
- A valid ID
- The filled-out, but unsigned form
The form offers 2 options:
Part 3a: Private accommodation: the visitor is going to stay at your house.
Part 3b: Sponsorship: you are financially responsible for any possible costs that may arise from your visitor’s stay in the Netherlands.
Please tick one or both of these boxes.
Address and opening hours
You can also visit without an appointment at the counter Loket Groningen Centrum. See address and opening hours.
- The maximum stay of your visitor is 3 months.
- When someone from abroad is planning to visit you and that person needs to acquire a visa, then he/she needs a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation (invitation letter). You need to legalise your signature on the form in the presence of a municipal official.
- The sponsor/provider of accommodation (and, if applicable, the marriage partner or registered partner) must come in person to sign the form in the presence of a municipal official.
- If the accommodation provider is not the same person as the sponsor, then two separate forms must be filled out. The same terms apply.
- If your visitor is planning on staying longer than 3 months, then he/she might need to apply for an MVV at the Dutch embassy. An MVV is an authorisation for temporary stay in the Netherlands. An MVV is needed to apply for a Dutch residence permit. If you have any questions, please contact the national Immigration and Naturalisation Service IND: call 0900-1234561
€ 18,35 in 2022
For more information, please visit the national Immigration and Naturalisation Service IND website.