Park & Ride (P+R)
There are 5 P+R parking lots on the outskirts of the city: Haren, Kardinge, Reitdiep, Hoogkerk and Meerstad. The P+R bus will take you to the city centre at your leisure and back again. Very convenient for commuters, but just as much for a day’s shopping.
Parking in all P+R parking lots is free of charge; the bus fare is € 6 for a maximum of 5 persons (including a return ticket on the same day).
For further information about bus times, fares and tickets, go to qbuzz.nl/gd or call (+31) (0)900 728 99 65.
In the inner city and surrounding districts there is a paid parking system. These areas are signposted as such. For a brief visit or quick purchase you can park in the street, but only in the specially designated spaces.
- In the city centre, within the ring of canals, the parking rate is € 4,10 per hour (max. 30 - 60 minutes). Paid parking is in force in the inner city on Monday through Wednesday from 09:00 to 22:00 h., on Thursday through Saturday from 09:00 to 24:00 h. and on Sundays and public holidays from 12:00 to 17:00 h.
- All information about times and rates can be found on the parking machines on the pavements.
- You can pay with your debit card if it has a V-pay or Maestro logo, or with your Visa or Master card.
On Easter Sunday, Whit Sunday and Christmas Day, no parking charges apply.
Parking for disabled drivers
- Do you want to use a disabled parking space and does the sign state a maximum parking time? In that case, display your disabled parking permit together with your parking disc. If the sign does not provide any time indication, you need not use a parking disc.
- Do you want to use a regular parking space in a blue zone? Then use your disabled parking permit as well as your parking disc. Outside the blue zone there is no need to use a parking disc.
- Do you want to park in a paid parking area? In that case you do not have to pay at a parking machine, but you do have to display your disabled parking permit as well as your parking disc visibly behind the windscreen.
- When using your parking disc in combination with your disabled parking permit, you have a maximum parking time of 3 hours outside parking spaces in low-traffic residential areas, in no-parking zones and on a single broken yellow line.