If you would like to have a document registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP), then you need to make an appointment.Statement no marriage/partnership of convenience
Which foreign documents can you have registered in the BRP?
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate or certificate of registered partnership
- If you do not have the Dutch nationality, you may need a Statement no marriage/partnership of convenience.
- Divorce certificate
- Death certificate
You can consult the website netherlandsandyou.nl to see if your document must be legalized. Fill in the relevant country at the bottom of the webpage.
- Your document must be in the Dutch, English, German, or French language.
- If it is not in one of these four languages, you must have it translated by a certified translator.
Bring with you
- Valid passport or ID card.
- Original documents (some documents must be translated and certified).
Make an appointment
You must make an appointment to submit documents for registration. The appointment will be at the Centrum helpdesk, Kreupelstraat 1.
If you also have to report an immigration, you can bring the documents with you during that appointment.