Do you or your partner have the nationality of a country outside the European Union? And do you want to enter into a marriage or partnership in the Netherlands? Then you must declare that you are not doing this in order to obtain a residence permit.
You need a 'Statement of no marriage/partnership of convenience':
- If you are not a national of a member state of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland.
- OR: If you are a foreign national and do not have a regular residence permit (document II) or asylum permit (document IV) for an indefinite period of time.
What to do
Fill in one of the forms and take it to your appointment.
- Report of marriage, including Statement no marriage of convenience (pdf 112 kB)
- Report of registered partnership, including Statement no partnership of convenience (pdf 101 kB)
You do not need a declaration:
- If you were married abroad more than 10 years ago.
- OR: If your foreign marriage has since been terminated.
- Form: Statement no marriage/partnership of convenience (pdf 470 kB)
- You must both complete the declaration, even if one of you is Dutch.
- Each statement must be signed by both partners.
- Copy of passport, ID card or driver's license from both partners.
Make an appointment
Make an appointment to hand in your documents and finalise the registration.
For questions you can also use the contact form or call +31 50 367 7000.