You live abroad and need an RNI extract, for example because you have emigrated or you have lost your Citizen Service Number (BSN). You can only request an extract if you are registered in the RNI.
The Register of Non-Residents (RNI) is a register of persons who do not live or live only temporarily in the Netherlands, but do have a connection with the Dutch government. For more information please visit Registration Non-Residents.
Extract with Citizen Service Number (BSN)
Name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth, sex, nationality(ies), Citizen Service Number (BSN) and current address abroad (if known). This extract is only available in Dutch.
Extract with historic address details (from 1994)
Name, date of birth, Citizen Service Number (BSN), current address abroad (if known) and all addresses at which you were registered from 1994. This extract is only available in Dutch.
International extract with marital status
Name, date of birth, place of birth, marital status (on the date of deregistration), nationality(ies), names of parents and date of deregistration from the Netherlands.
Indicate in the web form the language combination in which you wish to receive the document: NFDE (Dutch, French, German, English) or NSIT (Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Turkish).
If you need other information than is available in the standard extracts, please indicate which information should be stated on the extract. For example, the information that you need as evidence of deregistration.
- Please mention on the web form why you need the extract.
- Enter your address abroad. An extract may only be sent to an address that is known in the RNI.
How long will it take?
Your request will be sent within 2 weeks to the address at which you are registered in the RNI. The amount of time taken by the postal service differs per country.
To the office
Make an appointment and take your passport or ID card with you. You will be able to take the extract away with you.
You can also visit our office without appointment. Please see opening hours Loket Centrum (Kreupelstraat 1).
Please send your letter to: Municipality of Groningen, Citizen Affairs Department, PO Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen.
Please also include the following: Full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and copy of your passport or ID card.
|RNI extract||€ 16,80|
The authorised person must take with them:
- Their valid driving licence, passport or ID card (authorised person)
- A copy of your valid passport, driving licence or ID card including your signature (authoriser).
- Authorisation form (PDF 480 kB) completed and signed by the authoriser (not a scan or copy).
Make an appointment
Make an appointment for your visit to Loket Groningen Centrum.
- An authorisation is valid for 6 weeks from the date stated on the authorisation.
- You can request an extract without authorisation for your child up to the age of 18 years, if you have parental authority.
You can only request an extract if you are registered in the RNI. If you are not registered, please make an appointment on the Register of Non-Residents page.