A postal address is the address of a family member, acquaintance or organisation that receives your post.
Under what circumstances can you request a postal address?
- If you will be living abroad for 8 months or fewer.
- If you are living in a care institution or prison.
- If you have no home address.
If you will be living abroad for longer than 8 months, you must inform us that you are emigrating.
Your postal address can also be the address of a legal entity, such as a foundation. This legal entity must be established in the Netherlands and must be designated by the municipality.
You can send the application together with the requested documents (see details below) by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to:
Municipality of Groningen, PO Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen.
- A completed and signed application and permission form (pdf 34 kB).
- A copy of your identity card.
- A copy of the identity card of the person who is giving you permission to use their address.
- Evidence that you are living in a care or other institution or penitentiary institution (if applicable).
You will receive a written decision about your request within 4 weeks of applying.