U bent hier

Op donderdag 25 mei (Hemelvaartsdag), vrijdag 26 mei en maandag 5 juni (tweede pinksterdag) zijn veel gemeentelijke gebouwen en kantoren gesloten. Lees verder >>

Registration non-resident

RNI is the Personal Records Database for nonresidents. Nonresidents are people who do not live in the Netherlands, or who reside in the Netherlands for a period shorter than 4 months, who have a connection to the Dutch government.

To the office

Please bring

  • Valid identification document

Kreupelstraat 1

9712 HW Groningen

By appointment: Monday 13:00 - 17:00, Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (Thursday until 19:00)
Without appointment: Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 11:00

Schildweg 16

9979 XR Eemshaven

Only by appointment: Monday to Friday: 09.00 - 12.00

What you should know

If you are visiting the Netherlands to work or study, you will need a citizen service number (burgerservicenummer - BSN). You will be issued this number when you register with the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen). You will need a BSN as an employee, in education, health care and for taxes and other matters concerning the Dutch government.

There are two ways to register as a non-resident in The Netherlands, depending on your situation.

  • You are staying in The Netherlands for less than four months: Then you can register with this municipality (2 locations) or one of 17 other selected municipalities. These are Alkmaar, Almelo, Amsterdam, Breda, Den Haag, Doetinchem, Eindhoven,  Goes, Heerlen, Leeuwarden, Leiden, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Utrecht, Venlo, Zwolle.
  • You are staying in The Netherlands for more than four months: Then you have to register in the municipality where you live or where you are going to live.

More information