RNI is the Personal Records Database for nonresidents. Nonresidents are people who do not live in the Netherlands, or who reside in the Netherlands for a period shorter than 4 months, who have a connection to the Dutch government.
- Make an appointment for 1 person
- Make an appointment for 2 - 7 persons
- Make an appointment for 8 - 15 persons
- Make an appointment for 16+ persons
- Valid identification document
9712 HW Groningen
By appointment: Monday 13:00 - 17:00, Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (Thursday until 19:00)
Without appointment: Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 11:00
9979 XR Eemshaven
Only by appointment: Monday to Friday: 09.00 - 12.00
If you are visiting the Netherlands to work or study, you will need a citizen service number (burgerservicenummer - BSN). You will be issued this number when you register with the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen). You will need a BSN as an employee, in education, health care and for taxes and other matters concerning the Dutch government.
There are two ways to register as a non-resident in The Netherlands, depending on your situation.
- You are staying in The Netherlands for less than four months: Then you can register with this municipality (2 locations) or one of 17 other selected municipalities. These are Alkmaar, Almelo, Amsterdam, Breda, Den Haag, Doetinchem, Eindhoven, Goes, Heerlen, Leeuwarden, Leiden, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Utrecht, Venlo, Zwolle.
- You are staying in The Netherlands for more than four months: Then you have to register in the municipality where you live or where you are going to live.
- You will find more information about registering as a non-resident in the brochure “Registering as a non-resident in The Netherlands”, translated into 5 languages (English, German, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian) or in the Frequently asked questions.
- Registering groups by employers: As an employer, if you would like to register a group of more than 16 people, please contact our telephonenumber: 050-367 7040.