Commuters use the P+R sites, visitors the car parks, and there is street parking for short visits.
Signs along the entry routes to the inner city direct you to the nearest car park or P+R. Electronic vol/vrij (full/spaces free) signs indicate the best route to follow.
The P+R bus will take you to the city and back in comfort. Extremely convenient for commuters, but also for a day’s shopping. You can park for free on all sites, except for P+R Euroborg/P3; you pay € 6,00 for a return trip, on the same day, for a ticket valid for a maximum of 5 people. On P+R Euroborg/P3 you pay for parking, but you receive a discount worth 24 hours on the applicable rate.
For more information and terms and conditions, please read the information on the P+R site. Please visit the website of Qbuzz for current bus times, rates and season tickets or call 0900-728 99 65.
- Inside the city centre ring of canals: Parkingfee € 2,90 per hour (max. 30 - 60 minutes). Paid parking applies in the inner city from Monday to Wednesday from 09:00 to 22:00 and from Thursday to Saturday from 09:00 to midnight and on Sundays and official holidays from 12:00 to 17:00.
- Districts around the centre:
In Hortusbuurt and Binnenstad-Oost the fee is € 2,70 per hour and paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 22:00 and on Sundays and official holidays from 12:00 to 17:00.
In the districts Meeuwen/Oosterpoort and Kop van Oost the fee is € 2,00 per hour and paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 22:00, in the district De Linie from Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 22:00.
In Noorderplantsoenbuurt and Tuinwijk from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 22:00 and on Saturday from 08:00 to 18:00.
In Professorenbuurt-Oost from Monday to Saturday from 16:00 to 22:00.
- In the remainder of outskirts, the fee is € 2,00 per hour (max. 2 hours). Paid parking applies from Monday to Saturday from 09:00 to 18:00 and on Thursday from 09:00 to 21:00.
- You can only pay with bank cards with V-Pay or Maestro-Logo, Visa and Mastercard.
Streetparking is free of charge on Easter Sunday, Whit Sunday and Christmas Day.
Coaches cannot park in or around the city centre. There is enough room for them at P+R Kardinge. Passengers can use the city bus to travel to the city centre.
In Groningen, the following rules apply to holders of a disabled parking badge:
- If you park in a disabled parking space and the sign gives the maximum permitted parking time, use your disabled parking badge and your parking disc. If there is no sign with a permitted parking time, you don’t have to use the parking disc.
- If you park in a normal parking space in a blue zone, use your disabled parking badge and your parking disc. Outside the blue zone you do not have to use the parking disc.
- If you park in paid-parking area, you don’t have to pay at the ticket machine. You do need to put your disabled parking badge and your parking disc visibly on the dashboard.
- If you use your parking disc, you can park for a maximum of 3 hours with your disabled parking badge outside the spaces in low-traffic residential areas, in places with a parking prohibition and along a yellow dotted line.