Coronavirus: consequences for services The services of the Municipality of Groningen will remain available to residents and companies. There are, however, a few adjustments due to the coronavirus.
Latest update: Monday 20 September 2021
All the office opening hours (in Dutch).
Check this site for basic rules.
Support for entrepreneurs during the coronavirus crisis
Various entrepreneurs are experiencing the consequences of the measures relating to the coronavirus. Go to Support for entrepreneurs during the coronavirus for the TOZO scheme, the municipality of Groningen’s support measures, contact details for the Chamber of Commerce office, various national arrangements and other relevant information.
All educational institutions have been reopened under certain conditions. For more information, please visit the national government website.
The rules mentioned below apply to school transport. The carrier will notify parents of any adjustments to the route. If a primary school student will not be travelling with the school transport, parents must notify the carrier.
- Non-medical face masks are mandatory for students aged 13 years and above, including those in special education.
- Other children do not need to wear a face mask.
- Wherever possible, children and young people should board and disembark themselves, and fasten their own seat belts. The driver can help if necessary.
- Primary school students aged 13 years and above must sit as far away from the driver as possible.
- The driver will disinfect their hands after assisting a child in boarding or disembarking, or in securing a wheelchair.
- The driver will give the contact points an extra clean.
Carrier contact details
- Connexxion, on telephone number 088 339 48 55, available between 06:00 and 18:00. Alternatively, via firstname.lastname@example.org or the Reizigersportaal (Traveller’s Portal) website (Dutch).
- UVO, on telephone number 0595 41 26 11, available between 06:00 and 22:00 or by email at email@example.com
If you require permission from the municipality or have a question, you can reach us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find the current guidelines and transport protocols on the Publiekvervoer (Public Transport) website (Dutch).
For more information about corona measures in education and childcare, please visit the national government website.
Visit sport050.nl to find out the current coronavirus measures that apply to sport.
You can also read the frequently asked questions about coronavirus and sport on the Central government website (Dutch) or on this English page on the same website.
All publicly accessible locations have been reopened under certain conditions. For more information about cultural activities, please visit the national government website.
Please visit Coronavirus: health and assistance.