If you move within the municipality of Groningen, you need to change your address within 4 weeks before or within 5 days after the move.
You can only report a move for yourself and family members living with you. Read all possibilities on government.nl.
- Report your move (DigiD) >
Form is in Dutch
And you cannot apply for a DigiD either? Then use this form. You cannot use this form if you’re not already registered in the Netherlands. If you come from abroad you have to come to city hall in person.
You can also send a change of address to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:
- Rental - or purchase agreement.
- If you don’t have a rental agreement: Permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
- Copy of a valid ID of the person who gives permission.
- Personal information.
- Moving date.
- Old and new address.
- Telephone number.
- Names of the people that are moving with you.
- Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.
Are you going to live in someone else's house without a rental agreement? To register at that address, you need permission by the owner or one of the adult residents.
This permission is also required for:
- Living with your parents.
- Living with your partner at his/her rental address (even if you are married to your partner or have a registered partnership).
This is how you report living with someone else
You report the change of address online with the owner or one of the adult residents of the address. Keep both your DigiD’s to hand.
What do you do if it is not possible to report the change of address together?
You only report the change of address online and add the following as an attachment:
- The permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
- A photo or a copy of the valid ID of passport of the person giving permission.
After the relocation date, you will receive a confirmation at your new home address within 2 weeks.
Call +31 50 367 7000