U bent hier

Moving to the municipality of Groningen

Are you going to move to Groningen? Don’t forget to change your address. Please notify the municipality within 5 working  days after you have moved. You will automatically be deregistered at your previous municipality.

Report your move online

Form is in Dutch

Other ways to report your move

In writing

You can send a change of address, containing the following information:

  • Moving date
  • Personal information
  • Old and new address
  • Names of the people that are moving with you
  • Telephone number
  • Signature
  • Copy of ID of the person who is changing the address

E-mail the information to burgerzaken.verhuizingen@groningen.nl or send it to the following address: Postal address, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen.

To the office

Make an appointment and bring:

  • Valid passport or identity card
  • A rental agreement or deed of conveyance or written lodgings agreement (pdf 409 kB) with a copy of the proof of identity of the owner/main occupant of the house.

Address and opening hours

You can also visit without an appointment at the counter Centrum. See address and opening hours.


Call  +31 50 367 7000