If you plan to stay abroad for more than 8 months within a period of 1 year, not necessarily continuously, you must inform the municipality of your emigration. This also applies if you return to your home country (deregister).
- If you are going to live in Groningen again within 8 months, you can request an alternative address.
- You can only report a move for yourself and family members living with you. Read all the possibilities on government.nl.
- You can visit our office on the day you leave or no more than 5 days beforehand.
- Will family members stay behind at your home address? Everyone who is moving must come to the counter of the municipality in person.
- Report your move (DigiD) >
Form is in Dutch
Then use this moving form.
You can also send a change of address to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:
- Personal information
- Moving date
- Old and new address
- Telephone number
- Names of the people that are moving with you
- Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.
Call +31 50 367 7000