U bent hier

Statement no marriage/partnership of convenience

Do you or your partner have the nationality of a country outside the European Union? And do you want to enter into a marriage or partnership in the Netherlands? Then you must declare that you are not doing this in order to obtain a residence permit.

Declaration when reporting a marriage or partnership

You need a 'Statement of no marriage/partnership of convenience':

  • If you are not a national of a member state of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland.
  • OR: If you are a foreign national and do not have a regular residence permit (document II) or asylum permit (document IV) for an indefinite period of time.

What to do

Fill in one of the forms and take it to your appointment.

Declaration when registering a foreign marriage or partnership covenant


You do not need a declaration:

  • If you were married abroad more than 10 years ago.
  • OR: If your foreign marriage has since been terminated.


Make an appointment

Make an appointment to hand in your documents and finalise the registration.


For questions you can also use the contact form or call +31 50 367 7000.