Will you stay 4 months or longer in the Netherlands? Please make an appointment for immigration.
The registration consists of 3 steps.
Are you coming with more than 20 people? Please contact us.
2. Fill in web form
After completing the form you will receive a QR code. Please take this with you to the counter.
You may also complete, print and take with you the RNI registration form in PDF.
3. Take to counter
- Valid passport or ID card.
QR code that you received after completing the form (or the completed and printed form)
Bring extra for up to 16 years
- Original birth certificate, drawn up in Dutch, English, French or German. If the deed is in another language, a translation is required. Legalization may also be required.
- In addition to the minor, at least one parent must also be present at the time of registration.
Inform about change of address
You are required to inform us about your change of address abroad.
How does it work
- Print one of the modification forms below, fill it out en sign it.
- Make a photo or scan of the completed form.
- Send the file and a copy of your passport using our contact form.
What you should know
If you are visiting the Netherlands to work or study, you will need a citizen service number (called Burgerservicenummer - BSN). You will be issued this number when you register with the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen).
You will need a BSN as an employee, in education, health care. You will also need it for taxes and other matters concerning the Dutch government.
There are 2 ways to register as a non-resident in The Netherlands, depending on your situation:
- Will you be staying in The Netherlands for less than four months? You have to register with municipality of Groningen or one of 17 other selected municipalities. These are Alkmaar, Almelo, Amsterdam, Breda, Den Haag, Doetinchem, Eindhoven, Goes, Heerlen, Leeuwarden, Leiden, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Utrecht, Venlo, Zwolle.
- Will you be staying in The Netherlands for more than four months:? You have to register with the municipality where you live or where you are going to live.
- Registration when staying in the Netherlands for a short period (on the national website government.nl)
- Registering groups of employees by employers. Are you an employer who would like to register a group of more than 16 people? Please contact gemeente Groningen via our contact form.