U bent hier

Moving to the municipality of Groningen

Are you going to move to Groningen? Don’t forget to change your address and register. Please notify the municipality within 5 working days after you have moved. You will automatically be deregistered at your previous municipality.

Report your move online

You can only report a move for yourself and family members living with you. Read all possibilities on government.nl.

No DigiD?

  • Apply for a DigiD
  • If you can not apply for a DigiD, then use this form. You cannot use this form if you’re not already registered in the Netherlands. If you come from abroad you have to make an appointment for immigration.


You can also send a change of address to: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen. Include the following information:

  • Rental - or purchase agreement.
  • If you don’t have a rental agreement: Permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
  • Copy of a valid ID of the person who gives permission.
  • Personal information.
  • Moving date.
  • Old and new address.
  • Telephone number.
  • Names of the people that are moving with you.
  • Copy of valid ID (passport, ID card or driver's license) of all moving persons.
  • Signature.

Living with someone else

Are you going to live in someone else's house without a rental agreement? To register at that address, you need permission by the owner or one of the adult residents.

This permission is also required for:

  • Living with your parents.
  • Living with your partner at his/her rental address (even if you are married to your partner or have a registered partnership).

This is how you report living with someone else

You report the change of address online with the owner or one of the adult residents. Keep both your DigiD’s to hand.

What do you do if it is not possible to report the change of address together?

You only report the change of address online and add the following as an attachment:

  • The permission form (pdf 53 kB) by the owner or one of the adult residents.
  • A photo or a copy of a valid identity document of the person giving permission.


Call  +31 50 367 7000