U bent hier


If you plan to stay abroad for more than 8 months within a period of 1 year, not necessarily continuously, you must inform the municipality of your emigration. This also applies if you return to your home country. You can visit our office on the day you leave or no more than 5 days beforehand.

Other ways to report your move

In writing

You can send a change of address containing the following information:

  • Moving date
  • Personal information
  • Old and new address abroad
  • Names of the people that are moving with you
  • Telephone number
  • Signature
  • Copy of ID of the person who is changing the address

Gemeente Groningen
P.O. Box 30026
9700 RM Groningen

To the office

Make an appointment and bring:

  • Valid passport or identity card

Kreupelstraat 1
9712 HW Groningen
Phone number 14 050

By appointment: Monday 13:00 - 17:00 hrs, Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 hrs (Thursday until 19:00 hrs)
Without appointment: Tuesday to Friday 09:00 - 11:00 hrs