If you plan to stay abroad for more than 8 months within a period of 1 year, not necessarily continuously, you must inform the municipality of your emigration. This also applies if you return to your home country (deregister).
What you need to know
- You can visit our office on the day you leave or no more than 5 days beforehand.
- Will family members stay behind at your home address? Everyone who is moving must come to the counter of the municipality in person.
Report your move online
Form is in Dutch
Other ways to report your move
E-mail or post
You can send a change of address with the contact form or to the following address: Gemeente Groningen, P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen.
Containing the following information:
- Moving date
- Personal information
- Old and new address abroad
- Names of the people that are moving with you
- Telephone number
- Copy of ID of the person who is changing the address
To the office
Make an appointment and bring:
- Valid passport or identity card.
Address en opening hours
You can also visit us without an appointment at the counter 'Centrum'. This is not possible at all times. See address and opening hours.
Call +31 50 367 7000