Financial support for entrepreneurs

Are you a self-employed entrepreneur and in need financial support for your business? Unforeseen circumstances can lead to financial problems. You can turn to the municipality for financial support.

Tozo 3

You can apply for Tozo 3 from 1 October 2020 to 31 March 2021. After 30 November 2020, you can no longer apply for this benefit retroactively from 1 October 2020. From 1 December 2020, the benefit starts on the first day of the month in which you submit the application.

  • Tozo 3 requires also the partner's income.
  • Tozo 3 does not look at the assets.
  • Do you have received benefits based on Tozo 1 or 2 already ? In that case, you have to submit a new application for Tozo 3.
  • If you also want to apply for a credit during Tozo 3, you have to submit a separate application.
  • Documentary evidence that you have submitted to Tozo 1 or 2 already, does not need to be repeated if your situation has not changed.
  • Do you also need benefits after 31 March 2021? Then you have to submit a new application. In that case, you are only entitled to a benefit if you have less cash than € 46,520.
  • More information can be found at

Did you not  yet submitted all data for Tozo 1 and 2?

If you have not yet submitted the Tozo 1 and 2, we will not process your application for Tozo 3. You will not receive an deposit or payment from us.

Send along

What we need at least for the Tozo application is:

  • Identity (copy of ID) of you and your partner.
  • Chamber of Commerce registration. (this is not a hard requirement).
  • Information about household composition.
  • Information about income from your company for the period that you apply for benefits.
  • Information about the entrepreneur's ongoing other income, e.g. from part-time work.
  • Information about your partner's income (at Tozo 2 and 3).
  • Copy of bank statement for the account number to transfer money.
  • If available, annual accounts (this is not a hard requirement if the company has only been in existence for a short time).

Would you like to apply for a business loan based on TOZO?

  • You can apply for a business loan up to a maximum of € 10,157.
  • If you have previously received a TOZO business loan and it was less than € 10,157, you can request an extra loan. The total loan cannot exceed the maximum amount.
  • All of the abovementioned supporting documents necessary for a loan application are also required.
  • Additional documentation that we will need to process your application include:
    1. An overview of ongoing business costs
    2. Evidence of your available cash assets (business and private bank statements)
    3. You must demonstrate that there are ongoing business obligations that cannot be paid out of cash or from the Reimbursement of Fixed Costs (TVL) scheme.

To whom does this new scheme apply?

The extra temporary support for established entrepreneurs has been created to support self-employed entrepreneurs who are in trouble due to the coronavirus crisis. The government has made financial support available for them.


The special requirements for this scheme include:

  • Established self-employed persons, from the age of 18 up to retirement age.
  • Living in and lawful resident of the Netherlands.
  • Dutch or equivalent.
  • The business or self-employment profession is conducted on in the Netherlands.
  • Complies with the legal requirements for conducting the business, including being registered in the Chamber of Commerce Trade Register.
  • Started the company before 1 January 2020 and meets the hour criterion, i.e. working at least 1,225 hours per year in own business or self-employment profession.
  • Residing in the municipality where supplementary income support is sought.

The government has made a moral appeal to entrepreneurs, asking them to register only if they find themselves in that situation. This will prevent the unintended use of public funds and avoid unnecessary pressure on implementation.

More information:

Application or extension (Bbz and Tozo)

You must have a DigiD for this. Read about the supporting documents (pdf 108kB) that you need to send along with your Bbz application. You do not need to send as many supporting documents for a Tozo application. You can easily attach these, preferably as PDF files. A photo or another file type is also allowed, as long as the document is clearly legible.

Once we have received your application, we will keep you informed about progress. For example, we will let you know if we need more information from you. You will receive such requests by post and digitally in Mijn Loket. You can also add supplementary supporting documentation in Mijn Loket if the municipality requests it from you. You will also be notified of the progress of your application by e-mail.

Please note! You must apply for this scheme in the municipality in which you live, and not in the one where you work!

What are the options?

If you temporarily need extra money to keep your company afloat or for living expenses, you can apply for the Social Assistance (Self-Employed Persons) (Bbz) benefit. The municipality offers you the following options:

  • A loan to give your company a financial boost. You can use this to pay debts or make new investments.
  • A temporary supplement to the income that you live on.

You can receive the Bbz benefit for a maximum of one year. If you would like an obligation-free consultation about the options available to you in your current situation, please send an e-mail to

Financial support (only Bbz)

Income supplement

If your family income is below welfare level, then you are eligible for an income supplement. You can access this if you are affected by illness, bad fortune or an injury that stops you from working.

Loan with interest

Does your company need a financial boost, but you can’t borrow money from a bank? If so, you can apply for a loan with interest.

Were you born before 1 January 1960 and your business is no longer viable?

If your income is below welfare level but you have a minimum profit of € 8,068 per year, then you are eligible for an income supplement.

Stopping your business

If you would like to stop your business because you no longer receive enough income from it, you may be eligible for an IOAZ (Income Provision for Older and Partially Disabled Former Self-employed Persons Act) benefit from your municipality. You must apply for this before stopping your business. The benefit supplements your income and then your partner’s income up to welfare level. You must keep applying for jobs.

More information

You can visit the 'Support for entrepreneurs during the coronavirus' web page to find more information about national and other measures for businesses affected by the coronavirus.

Need help?

Are you having problems with submitting a digital application? Or are you the skipper on an inland vessel, with your residential address in another municipality? If so, you cannot submit a digital application. Instead, send us an email at