Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation

U bent hier: Home English Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation
Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation
Document acties

Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation

You want to invite someone from abroad who requires a visa for a short term visit.

If you want to sponsor this foreign national (guarantee) for cost of living in the Netherlands, medical care and repatriation of this person, you need a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation. This form also serves to support the visa application.

Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation

When someone from abroad is planning to visit you and that person needs to aquire a visa, then he/she needs a proof of sponsorship and/or private accomodation (invitation letter). You need to legalise your signature on the form in the presence of a municipal official.

The maximum stay of your visitor is 3 months.

The form offers 2 options:
Part 3a. Private accomodation: the visitor is going to stay at your house.
Part 3b. Sponsorship: you are financially responsible for any possible costs that may arise from your visitor’s stay in the Netherlands.

Please tick one or both of these boxes.

Note: If you are married or have a registered partner, then your partner needs to co-sign the form at the desk. That means that you both have to visit our office.


The sponsor/provider of accomodation (and, if applicable, the marriage partner or registered partner) must come in person to sign the form in the presence of a municipal offical.

Please bring

  • A valid ID.
  • The filled-out, but unsigned (part 5) form


You can make an appointment online to visit our office at the Kreupelstraat.




  • If the accommodation provider is not the same person as the sponsor, then two seperate forms must be filled out. The same terms apply.
  • If your visitor is planning on staying longer than 3 months, then he/she might need to apply for an MVV at the Dutch embassy. An MVV is an authorisation for temporary stay in the Netherlands. An MVV is needed to apply for a Dutch residence permit. If you have any questions, please contact the IND: tel. 0900-1234561

More information

For more information, please visit the IND website.


T 14050

Postal address
P.O. Box 30026, 9700 RM Groningen

Civil Affairs Offices
Kreupelstraat 1, Centrum, 9712 HW Groningen
Vensterschool Hoogkerk, Zuiderweg 70-11, 9744 AP Groningen
Community centre Het Dok, Lewenborg, Kajuit 4, 9733 CA Groningen

Openingshours Kreupelstraat (Centre)

Open without an appointment

  • Tuesday to Friday
    09.00 - 11.00

Open by appointment only

  • Monday
    13.00 - 17.00
  • Tuesday to Friday
    09.00 - 17.00
    (Thursday open until 19.00)

Open daily (without appointment):

  • to collect your previously requested passport, ID-card or driving licence.
  • the lost and found department
  • emergencies


Laatst gewijzigd op : 10-07-2014 11.29 uur
Deel deze pagina


Onderhoud website

  • 06 oktober 2014 (DigiD; 0:00 - 06:00)
  • 12 oktober 2014 (e-formulieren; 09:00 - 12:00)
  • 19 oktober 2014 (e-formulieren; 09:00 - 12:00)

Meer informatie >>


U kunt valse e-mails ontvangen van DigiD of de Belastingdienst.
Hoe herkent u deze?

Meer informatie op en